In celebration of summer Toucan will be hosting an Open House all day Saturday!
Along with our usual offerings, we'll have some refreshing beverages and artists will be in and around Toucan cooking up some sweet art throughout the day! Come cool off, chat with our artists and see what's happening!
- Artist Brooke Atherton will be on site all day, working on a new series inspired by kintsugi. Brooke will be mending and sewing into antique textiles with real Chinese gold thread.
- Glass artist Chad Cumin will be set up to create small works. Chad's skillfully made glass pieces pull from Muranese glass of the 19th and 20th century and the contemporary Borosilicate lamp worked glass, among other influences.
- Toucan's own Gallery Director and artist Samantha French will be working on some new pieces, embroidering and beading into her painted canvases.
- Louis Habeck, former winner of the Artist's Innovation Award by the Montana Arts Council will bring his artistic stylings to Toucan. Louis' works in a variety of media creating fresh and unique artworks with a touch of whimsy.
- Also on the scene will be John Speier, West High science teacher by day and artist by night. John creates in an array of mediums, with a focus on landscape and wildlife painting and figure drawing.